LitSite Home

Return to:   Mary Joyce: Alaska's First Lady of Adventure - Mary Joyce chose a path that some would consider hardship, but others would view as glamorous.
 previous Gallery Thumbnails  next
Twin Glacier Camp


Twin Glacier Camp was built by Dr. Henry C. DeVighne in the early 1920s as a hunting and fishing base camp. Mr. and Mrs. Erie L. Smith bought it from DeVighne in 1930. After the Smiths' son died four years later, the couple gave the property to Mary Joyce. Alaska State Library.

For more information about this image click here. 

  Contact Us       LitSite Alaska, Copyright © 2000 - 2024. All rights reserved. UAA / University of Alaska Anchorage.
University of Alaska Anchorage